Monday, March 17, 2014

And He Will Give You the Desire of Your Heart

Psalm 37:4 

Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

 

 Years ago, God placed a desire in my heart to adopt a child with Down Syndrome.  He gave me a special love for children with special needs and I knew right then that God was calling me to do something big.  In dating Matt, I shared with him this calling that God had on my life.  We had no idea how God would fulfill this calling.  We just knew that when He did, we would step out in obedience and say "yes".  God put Endale in our path and we knew, He was given to us by God to be a part of our family.

 

Today, my heart swelled as we drove to the transition house.  So many emotions flooded my heart and mind.  I still am in awe at God's faithfulness throughout this whole process.   I am so grateful that He chose our family as a vessel to love Endale.  

 

 We arrived at the transition house after a short ride from our guest house.  They opened the gate and we walked it.  It all seemed so surreal.  I had imagined it over and over again.  I immediately became emotional seeing the older children playing in the entry way and seeing other cribs holding babies waiting for their families.  We walked up the stairs to the room that has been home to Endale for the last 8 months.  We turned the corner and there he was.  Tears streamed down my face as I looked for approval from the nanny to pick up my baby from his crib.  He clung to me.  I cried.  Matt cried.  Camden cried.  It was a beautiful mess laced with God's glory. 

 

We walked him out of the transition house and he joined us at the guest house.  We held him, fed him and took a nap with him.  I have examined his every detail and can't wait to learn more about his personality. 

 

Also staying in the guesthouse is another family from our agency who we connected with online.  They had their court date a couple of weeks ago.  It was so fun to finally meet them in person and share in the joy of the new blessings in both of our families.  We went to a fun Ethiopian restaurant with them for lunch.

 

I can't wait for all this week as in store.  Very soon, I can show you our boy's sweet face. Camden is in love with his new baby brother.  He must have told Endale that he loves him fifty times already.  My heart is full.  God is so good.





 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I just cried as I read your testimony above. What an awesome gift. WIN/WIN!!!! So blessed. And what a gift for Camden to be a part of this. I'm overwhelmed with joy for you. God's blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete