Saturday, July 27, 2013

God's Leading

Obviously, over the course of the last 48 hours, our minds had been consumed with all the questions of how this could ever work.  We thought about the changes this would mean in our family.  This was no small decision.

My heart was ready.  I would have jumped on the plane that day and gone to get this little boy.  Saturday morning, I got up and went to the gym.  I am pretty sure that the events that followed will forever be etched in my mind like a divine moment straight from God.  I began my workout and forgot to turn my music on. I had my earphones, but it was silent.  I began to pray very specifically.  I prayed that God would show Matt very boldly what we needed to do...whether we needed to begin the process of adoption or hold off and wait for another opportunity.  I prayed that God would very directly lead Matt and my life long desire to adopt a DS child would not hinder the clear voice of God.  That was my prayer.

When I got home from the gym, I sat down on the couch.  Matt was sitting in his recliner...and I will never forget this moment.  He began telling me that he couldn't sleep the night before and just spend a lot of time in prayer.  Then, he says, "God told me, we need to do this.   This little boy needs us.  More than building a church, God calls us to care for the orphans and THAT's what we're going to do."

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes completely overwhelmed by God so specifically answering my prayer.  Wow.  I cannot even put into words what a peace that we feel about this piece of His plan He has for us.  I cannot wait to see His glory revealed through this special plan that we get to be a part of.  I am overwhelmed that He chose us to love Endale.  My cup runneth over.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment