Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Never Stop Trusting Him

Psalm 37:7
Be still in the presence of the Lord, 
and wait patiently for Him to act.

I am trying so very hard to be patient....really, who is good at that?  

Let me back track for you.  First, let me assure you that our agency really doesn't have much control over our situation.  We are at the liberty of another country's government and court system.  We were told by our agency to prepare to travel back in December because they expected us to have a court date.  December came and went and we were told that we would most likely travel in January.  Obviously, we're not going anywhere.  Today, the judge announces that the Ethiopian court will be closed until February 24th for "staff meetings".  

That took the wind out of my sail.

This mama's heart wants her baby boy.  I don't know that anyone that hasn't been in this process can fully understand.  I am connected by heart to this little being that I have never rocked to sleep.  My heart aches to be the one that feeds him, holds him and sings softly in his ear.  God has written his name on our hearts.  We are ready to be a family.  Our kids pray for their "baby brother far away" daily.  They are ready for him to be here.  Just because we "want" it SO bad doesn't mean that God is going to move that way.  He longs for me to cling to Him, lean into Him and never stop trusting in Him.

Ironically, my morning devotion this morning (before hearing the news of the courts closing) reminded me that God's promises are still His promises even if He doesn't answer prayers the way we want Him to. 

Today, I am resting in His plan for our family, my heart and mind and our sweet baby boy across the world waiting for us.

Clinging to Him.
Leaning into Him.
Trusting in Him. 

Hebrews 4:14
Let us cling to Him and 
Never stop trusting in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment