Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Great is Thy faithfulness

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

I spent some serious time in prayer this weekend about our baby boy, our situation and most specifically the finances that need to come about before we travel.  I cannot miss this opportunity to share what God has done.  How silly of me to worry.  I know that not only is He going to meet all of MY needs, but He will also meet all the needs of this little boy that I am so in love with across the world.  He cares for him.  He wants to see this adoption through.  He is going to provide all of his needs...and that includes making sure we can get to him and bring him home.
  
On paper, the cost of this adoption was IMPOSSIBLE. We needed to come up with $34,000 to cover our home study, USCIS fees, agency fees, two trips to Ethiopia and post adoption costs.  Oh and did I mention, we just started this process at the end of July and we are preparing to travel in the next 3 months??  

I've shared before about the phone call and how our lives changed that day.  You can read about it here.  We were challenged to live out our faith and our obedience to God.  We knew God had placed a desire to adopt a child with Down Syndrome in our hearts.  What we didn't know is that we would travel to Ethiopia to get him! 

It's been funny to see people's reactions and listen to their questions.  "Have you thought about this?"  "Have you thought about that?"  We realize raising this sweet boy will come with challenges.  We are ready and willing.  Our lives are not our own.  We've been bought by a price.  God has called this family to love this little boy.  We acted in obedience in saying "yes!" even though there was fear in how we would pay for this.  I can tell you God has come through over and over again in the last 3 months.  It has been amazing to see Him make a way for this little boy to come home with us.

I want to make sure that He receives ALL the glory.  This is all His doing. We are in awe that He has chosen us and that He has supplied and met all our baby boy's needs.  We cannot wait to see God's glory shine through Endale.

Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning, new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me

No comments:

Post a Comment